Hi,

Open source autopilots are widely used in the RC toys. I tried 3DR's pixhawk. It seems to be quite okay. There are also other open source autopilots.

The commercial autopilots are always used in commercial unmanned aircraft. They are somehow much more expensive than open source. I’m wondering what are commercial autopilots’ typical advantages compared with the best open source autopilots for conventional fixed wing usage. Could anyone give any hint on that?

Best,

Anna

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• TOTALLY BY CHANCE stumbled upon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwS56sUccw

whilst doing some aerodynamics (as in curves) research with google

LOL

YouTube
            • I would call it "Fluid Dynamics" !!!

So, "Anna", reveal yourself ......

• She is there also:

http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/107399-question-about-large-e...

What a troll

• In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

All my posts in different forums are strongly related technical stuffs, never off-topic. I have no willing and no time to waste on sowing discord. I picked up this profile picture from somewhere incidentally several years ago because I thought it was nice. I don’t know its disgusting source. Someone in homebuiltaircraft forum once hinted me that it is from somewhere but I didn’t have time to google it. I’m about to change it. Thanks for telling me that and don’t waste your life on this meaningless thing, guys.­ Wish all the best.

• with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response.

exactly

• Developer

There's whole SEO Experts with advice of pics
                    e.g. http://moz.com/blog/google-author-photos

• Of course your profile picture is no meaningless thing. I'd argue it has been intentionally selected.  

You well know that most blokes will respond well to help a pretty girl on the 'net and in real life.  You know that this is, for better or worse, a largely male-dominated field.  You have adopted this profile photo and persona to further your own cause, which to be honest while deceptive, is fair abuse of the internet.

Unfortunately for you, your reputation has gone super-critical and been blown to smithereens.  The fallout will take some time to clear.

Or is it the internet equivalent of "nice on the phone, add ten stone"?

The web detective work was only an interesting sideline not meant to be taken personally.

I did not notice anyone pointing a finger at you or calling you a troll.

It is however, not recommended to acquire random photos which actually belong to someone else. 

An avatar of an aircraft, or random nature photo, or even the default would have been more honest and open, I'm afraid.

• + 1

• Impressive :O, thank's for share

This reply was deleted.

Activity