Everything I have found so far has been noise, advertizing.
I need two thing:
- Guidance on just what I can do with a 3D printer. Can I, for example, make a body, out of good quality plastic, that has the same shape and strength as the bodies that Hubsan H107 series quads, and WL's V252 skylark ship with, or would I be stuck with making the sort of flimsy crap, sorry I mean body, that the WL V202 Scorpion ships with. Ideally, I'd like to be able to make nice looking, durable bodies like those of the Hubsan H107C and Wl V252, as well as frames like that used in the WL V202 (but able to accept variable numbers of arms - perhaps one set above the frame that holds the battery and electronics, and one set below, so I could support a higher number of rotors), along with being able to accept any controller board w/the usual sensors, But, I am after an ability to make the tiniest smart multirotor copters.
- I need to know what product I can get that will not break the bank, as it were. I found 2 products on amazon.ca
- Sainsmart Megatronics + MK2B + A4988 LCD12864 Controller Heatbed Endstop kit for Reprap 3D printer Arduino
- unless I have misunderstood the description, this looks like a kit for making a 3D printer. Have I misunderstood it? Would there be anything else that I would need to have a functional 3D printer? Or does this kit allow me to make a 3D printer for about C$220?
- Super Mini Thermal 3D printer by DIY (so amazon says)
- This says I can make good quality 'exquisite' products, using a 3D printer that costs C$133
I find the idea that I could make my own plastic parts appealing, but I am concerned about the cost and reliability. And, I would need guidance on what plastic to use that will not harm the 3D printer used as well as providing a good quality product. Is there anyone who can provide guidance on both what I could possibly do as well as what products or services I ought to look into before taking any action? Also, is there anyone who has CAD designs that would serve to illustrate how to make the sorts of parts that are of interest to me.