Hi there ,

I've attached the compass to the quad as the image below show (APM points forwards - between yellow arms). and the compass is Rotation_Roll_180.

When I'm calibrating the compass I keep getting reversed results (North shows South).
I've tried rotation none , yaw 180 , rotation_pitch_180 without luck.

1. Does this affect loiter mode ? Alt hold works fine , loiter and RTL don't work well , quad drift and fly somewhere it shouldnt.

2. What can I do in order to get good results from compass ?

Attached image how I mount my Ublox.

20140417_101459.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• either u can manually repair it or try to search in ebay

• The black cable was torn from the white connector , i don't see a way to "re insert" it , and the yellow was cut id the middle....

• I had the same prob like you(EAST was WEST and vice versa) and loiter was highly unstable.....So while calibrating I use ROTATION_NONE . After doing this I found the compass gauge gives the proper direction. Now my RTH and loiter is ok

• I've calibrated compass in my room , the directions looks ok.

Went out to porch , no GPS FIX and the directions are bad again.

I think ill go outside with the laptop and see how it behave there.

• you must wait for some time to lock gps... if GPS is locked u can see blue light of APM become solid...

• I think I can't arm the APM if I don't have GPS lock.

I'll go down soon and re-test it.

• yes make pre arm check disabled or skip GPS

• My pre arm is set to Enabled.

I'm going now down to open field with laptop and quad.

Hope all work fine :)

be back soon.

pre.png

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702865322?profile=original
              • okk best of luck....., while enabling pre arm chk make sure all of your sensors are working and calibrated properly.... otherwise apm will oppose the copter to arm

• Can I do the tests indoor or it must be outside ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity