Canadian Drone Insurance

I've joined this forum to gain a little more information on the choices of coverage for my Phantom 3. I live in Vancouver BC and I have been told by many other owners that getting insurance is pretty necessary. So far, these guys seem pretty decent: http://www.shawsabey.com/products-services/drone-insurance/

Thoughts? 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey - not a scam, I do run the website, but I also do have a few years of experience in the UAV industry. 

Thanks for the feedback on the site, will be more specific with the services - our intention was to keep things simple. I do have another account on DIY drones but I have multiple businesses and want to keep things separate.

$400 dollars includes a full operations manual, SFOC application for one region. If you want any specific details feel free to reach out to us and we'll answer any questions.

We collect info through the website, and have the user answer the yes/no questions that Transport Canada puts forth, then we have an application template generated and a consultant reviews and edits. We just launched, so trying to generate some interest.

We made a program to automate the process, so we save time and can beat competitors inflated prices. 

Bill Bonney said:

That easysfoc.com looks like a scam. No info on the site.its all very generic... Three posts on this site by CD pushing the site, no history here... No details... $400 for what exactly?
  • Developer
    That easysfoc.com looks like a scam. No info on the site.its all very generic... Three posts on this site by CD pushing the site, no history here... No details... $400 for what exactly?
    Easy SFOC - UAV Compliance Consultants
    Easy SFOC is an online platform to apply for Special Flight Operation Permits to fly UAVs (drones) in Canada. Apply for yours in less than 20 minutes.
  • Hey Aaron, 

I use Capri Insurance - Calvin Reich, they have a UAV specific plan and they're pretty reasonable. Don't forget to grab an SFOC if you haven't already, they're becoming quite simple. A couple websites take online applications, but the cheapest one is www.easysfoc.com ($400).

This reply was deleted.

Activity