CCW EDF?

I was thinking of trying (And I haven't seen anyone who's tried) 4 EDFs in a foam cutout but can't find any CCW EDF impellers/blades.  Does such a thing even exist?  I thought it would of as EDF jets with twin motors would have to be counter rotating wouldn't they?

I was wanting to try with the EDFs so I can have a smaller body size with maximum thrust, for indoor and outdoor use.  Has anyone tried EDFs and how did it turn out?  And where can you get CCW EDFs if they exist?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here's a pair of counter rotating EDFs that generate up to 1.8kg thrust per EDF, they come in pairs at $98USD per pair:

Freewing 70mm Counter Rotating EDF Set For 6S

Specs:

- Duct Fan: 70mm , 6 Blade Normal & Reverse Each 1 Set

- Motor: B2849 2300Kv x 2

- Working Voltage: 22.2v

- Thrust: Up To 1,800g x 2

- Current: 45 - 50A x 2

Looks like it's new in their catalog as of a couple of weeks ago.

• 3D Robotics
    Ive made two separate prototypes dealing with edfs and attempted vertical takeoff configurations. Unfortunantley no one makes counter clockwise impellers, the only other options are to mold your own, or go with a gimbal system which would allow you rotate them to counter the torque of the ducts all rotating in the same direction. I had some partial success with mounting 3 ducts in an equilateral triangle shape and then attaching a smaller ducted fan tangent to the triangle to act as sort of a tail rotor. your best bet would be to use 3 ducts with one swiveling, like that of a tricopter. and you wouldnt have to modify as much code :) also, since they spin at higher rpms, edfs take alittle bit longer to respond to throttle input commands, so the pid values would also have to be modified a bit. good luck, yo
This reply was deleted.

Activity