CHDK Scripts & Parameters problem (Cont.)

Hi, this week i´ve been doing some aerial photography, with my skywalker, canon camera and CHDK script.

More specifically, im using the Canon SX260 HS powershoot hacked with the intervalometer from dronemapper guys. I detect that this script wont work totally well if you speceify a photo interval of under 3 seconds. This is because the camera just cant shoot in continous mode under 3 seconds at a time.

So i posting this as a head up.

PS: If you specify, in the parameters, a interval of, let say, 2 second. The camera will take shoots continously, yes, but the script will never end and the lens wont colapse. wich is a bad thing because it can be hit or something can occur to the lens mechanics.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Andy, this is not entirely truth, because if you set the focus on manual, you can get flat 2 seconds per frame. I´ve done some testing on this with a stopwatch

• @Andreas, Thanks for updating me, looks like some more tweaking is needed. Cheers, Andy

• This is for Dennis Megarry.  I'm up here near Cleveland.  I saw your 13 Aug 2013 post: "buy  a GenWIRE-USB2 cable and then message me, I'll give you a link for a customized version of Mission Planner for crop mapping. Let the autopilot control the shutter rather than tick off timed pic's ".  I have a quad with APM 2.5, a Canon SX260, and a GenWire-USB2 cable.  Can you send me the link you mentioned?  Thanks!

• You don't need that version any more.. the latest MP 1.3.5 has Survey Grid built in..

I am working on a LUA script for the APM which will extend, trigger and retract the camera lens..  You will have to put in some DO_SET_SERVO's to send the proper PWM values though..  I will be testing this weekend..

• I had to make my own cable with a transistor in there to amp the servo signal enough for CHDK to register it on the USB port. 

I recently upgraded to firmware 2.74b and my plane stopped logging CAM events. anyone know what log bitmask i need to start logging them again ?

• Hi Ben, did you find out what bit mask is required to log CAM messages?

• Andreas,

It may be the speed of your memory card that is slowing down your rate of image capture.  Make sure that you have a Class10 SD card in it.  With one of these in an SX260 I get 2-3 seconds fine.

Good luck!

Jimmy

• Buy a GenWIRE-USB2 cable and then message me, I'll give you a link for a customized version of Mission Planner for crop mapping.. Let the autopilot control the shutter rather than tick off timed pic's 

• Have you turned off the image review option? By default is set in 2 seconds.

This reply was deleted.

Activity