I'm trying to download the logs from the flash on the APM 2 (v2.73) using the CLI tool in Terminal...it doesn't seem to be possible.
I've tried the sequences below, but they all seem to be inhibited by the incredibly long connection process the Mission Planner undergoes, which is probably 30-45 seconds.
- MP open, at the terminal tab.
- Connect APM via USB
- Click connect on MP
- Spam <enter>
- Nothing happens on screen.
- MP open, at the Flight Data tab.
- Plug in APM to USB.
- Connect to my com port from this screen, wait 40 seconds for the MP to respond, then connected.
- Switch to Terminal tab.
- Nothing rolling by on the screen.
- Hit the Terminal tab button again
- Screen clears, then a chunk of the ArdupilotMega 2.73] prompt appears but does not respond to button pushes.
I can still use the MP conventionally without issue--for tuning and config and such. Also works with the 3DR radio just fine.
This MP failed to upload APM firmware, too. I had to use the APM patch of Arduino to get the writes to verify--MP failed every time.
As for alternative CLI access, I can get to APM's CLI with no issues via SecureCRT and PuTTY. To avoid losing my logs from this morning's maiden flights, I'm just running dump out of putty and saving the mess into a .log file... I'm not sure what I'll need to do to graph and analyze this later, but at least I'll have the data.
So, I suppose I have to challenges to unravel:
- How do I get MP CLI to function reliably? Whatever I'm doing wrong is rendering it useless.
- How do I trim and save these log files so the APM native applications (like MP) can read and understand them? The interpretation tools are great!
Any help you folks can offer is much appreciated!