Hi Guys,

Its been a few years since i have been on DIY. The company i work for is starting experiment with Autonomous flying. A question asked was "What are the most common mistakes made by people using Pixhawk or any version of..pixfalcon etc.." Is it setup, lack of knowledge on MP etc etc. Any and all comments welcome. We trying to gather a bit of data for internal purposes. If this topic has been covered before, would someone mind pointing me in that direction?

Thank you in advance.

Marc

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I use Ubuntu , and a mix of AP2 , mavproxy and QGC, most often mavproxy and AP2 at the same time, a very powerful tuning / monitoring setup that allows lots of automation and very powerful interface.

Marc Cretten said:

Andre thats amazing thank you. We using Windows 10 for GCS, what would be best? I really dislike Windows machines, not that they bad its just my platform is apple. We are wanting to do a little BLOS at times as well and if there is something better to be used then we will make the swap.

Regards Marc

Andre K. said:

-failing to configure the AP correctly

-failing to provide redundant power

-ignoring high vibrations

-lack of manual control skills when needed during testing/development.

and using windows for GCS or other mission critical use, especially for BLOS

Common mistakes made when using a Pixhawk or derivative of
    Hi Guys, Its been a few years since i have been on DIY. The company i work for is starting experiment with Autonomous flying. A question asked was…
  • Andre thats amazing thank you. We using Windows 10 for GCS, what would be best? I really dislike Windows machines, not that they bad its just my platform is apple. We are wanting to do a little BLOS at times as well and if there is something better to be used then we will make the swap.

Regards Marc

Andre K. said:

-failing to configure the AP correctly

Common mistakes made when using a Pixhawk or derivative of
    Hi Guys, Its been a few years since i have been on DIY. The company i work for is starting experiment with Autonomous flying. A question asked was…
  • -failing to configure the AP correctly

This reply was deleted.

Activity