compass problem

I have a problem with the compass. I believe mine does not work right.

If I look at the flight data screen, I can see the compass swing left and right as I move the nose of the airplane. Then if I set the plane down the compass creeps back to 73 degrees no matter what the orientation of the plane. The roll and pitch axis seems to work correctly.

I sent a help request to help@3drobotics.com. no answer.

I can fly the airplane in rtl mode and it seems to wander around quite a bit but it does stay in the area.

I began to suspect there was a problem when it couldn't follow a simple 2 or 3 way point mission.

When the arrow on the ver 2.5 board is pointing north shouldn't the compass point north (+/- deviation)?

When I switch to auto mode (and i am already flying  the heading to the next waypoint) it just flys off in an unexpected direction.

however it does seem to follow altitude profile correctly.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did you calibrate your compass in Mission Planner? I had similar problems and a re-calibration solved my issue.

Szilard

• Admin

@Richard,

Please provide a picture, if possible, of how you have the compass mounted in the model. You might make sure that it is not near any ferris/magnetic material. I used nylon screws to mount my compass to my rover's non-metallic frame and mounted it as far as possible from any ferris material.

Just a thought.

Regards,

TCIII

This reply was deleted.

Activity