Connected via Mavlink but no sensor data

I recently built (Friday 3/22) a hexcopter rev B kit from 3drobotics. I am very new to drones and such but fairly competent with basic electronics. The problem I am having seems common, but solutions on these boards that I have found thus far do not seem to work.

I have an ardupilot 2.5 and a spektrum dx6i transmitter with a spektrum ar600 receiver

My kit was missing the cable to connect my receiver and the cable to power the receiver.  I soldered up some cables from some female headers I had lying around to see if I could get this thing set up while I contacted support to see about getting the cables shipped.  The cables I soldered up seemed to work, but then I got stuck on calibrating the ESCs.  So I had successfully installed arducopter V2.9.1 hexa, and I had also calibrated my radio and calibrated the accelerometer.

The ESCs would not go into calibration mode, so as part of troubleshooting that I decided to manually calibrate them by plugging each one into the throttle channel of my receiver and set them up that way. After doing that I plugged the ardupilot back in and connected via mavlink, and all the bars on the radio calibration section were gray. looking at the flight data section of the mission planner shows that no sensor data is showing up. I can fool around in the terminal, but the sensor data is not showing up there either. Anyone have any ideas what I should do next?

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the GPS. I have tried connectiong with the APM by itself I have tried with the battery and without. Thanks in advance for any help!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had the same symptoms, when my board had problems with the 3.3V section. Mavlink and radios seem to run with 5v, but the sensors need 3.3v. If you have a multimeter, you should be able to measure 3.3v on the pin-outs marked as 3v3 and GND as you can see here in the bottom right corner.

3692611906?profile=original

• Developer
    Go into the CLI mode i.e the Terminal part in Mission planner and type in test or click the button that says test. Type help and try running some of the displayed tests to see if everything is working ok. You can find help on the CLI in the appendix in wiki for ArduCopter.
This reply was deleted.

Activity