Connecting Dragonlink with New Pixhawk Autopilot

Hello,

I just received my new Pixhawk autopilot and would like to use my Dragonlink receiver with it on my Skywalker X8 flying wing.  Unfortunately, I have not found any instructions on how to connect the two, and have not been able to figure it out myself.  Given that the Dragonlink can output the required PPM signal through its Ch.12 pins, I connected the DL's Ch12 with the RC input on the Pixhawk.  I then plugged my ESC servo connector to Ch.3 output pins on the Pixhawk, and my elevon control surfaces into the Ch.1 and 6 outputs on the Pixhawk (this is how my Futaba 14-SG is set up and it works fine with just the Dragonlink).  

After powering up the autopilot and ESC, I get no servo or throttle response.  The buzzer light on the Pixhawk flashes red, there is no main LED light ON (the one just below the forward arrow on top of the Pixhawk module).  The little LEDs at the bottom of the Pixhawk module show:  Power solid green, B/E solid orange, and ACT flashing blue.

Has anyone successfully used the Dragonlink receiver with the Pixhawk?  I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.  This is all quite new to me.

Thanks,

Jan

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does the mission planner radio calibration page show any movement?
    Are you saying that you have it all working well with the Futaba Rx, but when you use the DragonLink Rx in the RC port you get nothing? Have you plugged servos into the DragonLink channel 1 pins to verify it's working?
    How old is your DragonLink? Some Rx's from 2012 had PPM on channel 9.
    • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  I haven't gotten as far as looking in the mission planner.  I thought I would first make sure that I've got everything plugged in and working offline.  I am using a Futaba 14-SG TX with the Dragonlink RX.  It's working perfectly on its own with all control surfaces and throttle working as they should.  But as soon as I try to connect the Dragonlink RX to the RC port on the Pixhawk via the DL's Ch.12 PPM output, I don't get any servo or throttle response.

My DL is only about a month old (so brand new) and I checked with DL directly on the PPM channel output.  It's definitely 12.

• Pixhawk arduplane will not move servos unless armed by depressing the switch

and it will not arm unless you have gone through the mission planner setup

This reply was deleted.

Activity