Crash due to motor/esc failure?

Hi,

Could someone please look at my dataflash logs? My first impression was that the crash was caused by an ESC/motor failure of the pair off channel 1 due to Arducopter maxing out channel 1. But after bench testing all motors/ESCs it appears that they all still work fine. Additionally during the descent the roll and pitch seem to track well, which I would not have expected. This leaves me at a loss as to the possible cause of the crash.
ScreenShot1.png
ScreenShot2.png

TIA

2014-09-26 17-09-18.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What esc/motors are you using ?

What propellers are you using ?
    What total weight of quadcopter ?
    It seems a loss of sync esc/motor nr. 1 but, I see your Throttle out/in seems more than 60%
    Too much boost could have caused lost of sync.

I think the ideal thrust to not have problems could be 45/50%

Ciao - Giuseppe
  • Check the solder joints of the #1 ESC. Sometimes on the bench it all seems to work fine, but in the air it goes wonky due to vibrations and load on the arms.

Other possibilities:

- If Ch#1 does get asymmetric load like this, then maybe the ESC wasn't calibrated correctly for max throttle. I.e., it may be set higher than the others, so it scales the input differently.

- Maybe the motor just runs with more load due to bearing friction?

- Maybe the prop has nicks in it or otherwise can't generate as much lift as the other props.

- The CG may be off towards the direction of motor #1, which requires that motor to do more work.

This reply was deleted.

Activity