Hello drone enthusiasts!

My first post here. My second custom Scout X4 (quad) maiden flight and crash at the end.

Only broken one landing skid and lost battery.

Didn't finish correct setup of arducopter 3.2.1 (wrong Compasss orientation) and probably it was the reason of the crash. But if someone can look at my logs, (I'm still noob in logs), what he can say about them? My question is what triggered fail safe - if it can be visible in logs.

here link to my flight and logs in attachments: 

http://youtu.be/uTz-QF4c6Io

log.zip

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wrong compass is plenty of reason for it to go bonkers and crash. Also, your voltage drops pretty far, may want to look into your power supply to the APM.

No failsafe was triggered from what I can see.

• Thank you for you help,

I was thinking about radio failsafe. I was in stabilize mode when lost control. 

next time gonna try radio I use always with my hexa. This Devo F7 I just bought  from ebay - maybe is faulty.

Quad just didn't respond my sticks.

If it was not failsafe what can explain it fly away? Gonna change power module and check all connections.

For sure was my fault, didn't pay attention to setup it properly, thanks again for your response. Will report my second try.

• The APM never saw any sort of failsafe, so it can only be that your receiver switches to RTL on signal loss.. that's not recommended, btw. It's better to set up FS so that the throttle channel drops very low (~960) and activate radio failsafe on the APM side.

Although in the log it appears like all the channels dropped to zero shortly before the crash.. that would indicate a total power/connection loss to the receiver. Maybe the power wires to the receiver came off or whatever power supply you use for it failed?

Edit: Never mind, it just looks like the throttle channel dropped fully. So yes, it may be down to a "bad" failsave due to transmitter connection loss.

• thank you so much. Now I know what to check. 

• and here screen shot from MP log analysis with map

Screenshot (1).png

This reply was deleted.

Activity