Cut down version of 2.7 firmware for the 1280 board ???

According to the "Arducopter 2.7 Released!" thread the 1280 is "out of program space".

Is it possible for the development team to produce a final cut down version of 2.7 firmware that would fit the 1280 board?

Perhaps cutting out some of the less popular functions could make this possible.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh if only we could still work thru with our APM1 1280's!

• So, has anyone managed to cut and fit 2.7.1 to the 1280?

• What about 2.6? Is it possible to get to the 1280?

• Since one can get an APM1.4 for under $60, the development time required would outweigh the cost of just upgrading to a new board. Mind that maintenance by the devs would become like an iOS3-->2 scenario (i.e. complex to maintain). Hence it's not reasonable to back-port the code. Since we're talking flying objects (dangerous), it's better to keep the code structurally manageable.

I still have 2 APM 1280's, and looking into it some light refactoring of the AC2.6 code to fit as well. Also, note both ArduPlane/Rover still fit in the prog space so there's a place for comparison if you attempt to back-port.

• I think we need an up to date wiki page for this - it's a question that comes up every week.

FYI yes I think it is possible, you will lose at least logging and GPS auto detection.

This reply was deleted.

Activity