Hi,

I have a stock Gaui 330X-S. I have calibrated the ESC and it works a treat. I will soon be removing the stock gyro and replacing it with an APM 2.0. My question is, do I have to recalibrate the ESC's once I've put the APM on?

When I calibrated them, I did them one by one plugged directly into the receiver. Seeing as the gyro was never involved in this process therefore has no buy in, I'm assuming that I don't need to calibrate them again?

Is that fair to say?

Also, I have a low voltage warning buzzer hooked up to my LiPo's. It's simple but effective. Will I still need this with the APM 2.0 or does it have some functionality in relation to this?

Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for that.  I'll see how I go without doing it.

Cheers.

• Short answer is no.  The ESC calibration is for the ESC to set min and max throttle response from your transmitter. Unless you change transmitters or ESC's you shouldn't have to recalibrate.

As for the Low Voltage Buzzer you will still need that if you want it. You could install a inline voltage/current sensor** and view the values on the Mission Planner on the computer but the buzzer will always work....till it breaks or dies 

** Here is an example but there are many out there flytron.com readymaderc may have some

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9028

This reply was deleted.

Activity