Replies

• 3D Robotics

You don't really need a gimbal for 3D mapping. Because you're taking still pictures, the software will fix any tilt when it stitches them together into a 3D model. 

BTW, we're going to release a one-button 3D mapping tool in DroidPlanner in a week or two. It's amazing. 

• Do I need a sonar system? I don't understand how to say to the quadcopter to go to 50m (for example).

• Many projects I seen use APM2. Does the Pixhawk will be correct?

• Do you think than it will be correct if I will not use a gimbal but I wil use the Shouyeh Gong's solution?

• Can't wait to see it, but will 3DR be allowed to export it to other than Canada?
    • Will keep an eye out for that! 

• Thanks for anwser. How can I fix the camera? Is there a clean method?

DroidPlanner seems to be cool. Does my setup will be correct with this app?

• I also use Canon S100 to take straight down still photo for mapping. I made a camera holder with 2 pieces of carbon plates (plastic or styrofoam or thick cardboard plates will do also) a little bigger than the camera, the one in front with a hole for the lense, then tie the camera and 2 plates with anything you got. Then glue a big piece of Velcro on the back of the plate behind camera. Next, attach a small carbon plate to the bottom of the quadcopter just like the plate for battery (I use 4 aluminum tube but the 3DR quad will need other method), then glue the other side of Velcro to the carbon plate, then simply press-attach the camera holder to the carbon plate. You can use cable tie as additional insurance. Velcro will also work as damper but you may still need to set the speed at 1/500 even 1/1000.

Another point, you may want to check the flight time of the quad to see if it fits your need.
This reply was deleted.

Activity