I've done spent more money then i should have had on this thing just to get some memorial aerial shots of unique features of this family owned land that has been in the family for over 100 years will be sold to a developer. Yesterday while testing the autopilot, i placed waypoints and everything did great! It was getting pretty dark so i didn't fly it any more.

Today i went and tried to fly a path above the fields to get a video of our pretty fields, and it climbed to the height and it would drop alt, climb, drop alt over and over again until it smacks the ground and flips... Motors are still spinning.

I can fly it fine, rtl etc... When i put it in auto that's when it does this, it goes it to drunk mode.

Can someone out the please help me because i'm running out of time!

2015-10-11 16-47-28.bin

2015-10-11 16-47-28.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics

To help diagnose this, please tell us what autopilot hardware, what vehicle etc. Typically altitude control problems come from vibration and not properly placing the autopilot on vibration-damping foam. 

• APM 2.6 with latest firmware. Mounted on Anti-Vibration mount
      Neewer DJI Clone Flamewheel
      Hobbyking UBEC ESC 30a
      2600 3s Lipo (going to upgrade the battery later this week)

I was doing some reading... I have a pice of foam of the baro, but it's white. Yesterday it was cloudy when i had no problems. Today it was sunny i had problems. When the sun went down the problem when away, and just tried it again and it flew its mission without problems. Could the white foam be letting light through and this is causing my problems?

• 3D Robotics

Yes, that could totally cause the issue. APMs come with black or pink foam over the baro, for exactly that reason. How did your come with white?

• Mine didn't come with white. The first board i bought was a dud. So i ordered just the board itself without the apm casing etc... because it was cheaper.  When i removed the dud board from the casing i put the piece of foam up and i couldn't find it. The only foam i had was white so i used it, but didn't think it would make much difference.

I found that black foam this morning and put it over the baro it it performed flawlessly!

This reply was deleted.

Activity