Replies

• Yeah, you can double flight time with li-ion NCR18650GA + 15% less weight and lifespan 3 times longer than lipo.

Brian Riskas said:

Christian-

Yes, still using off the shelf lipos. Due to the large props and lightweight structure, we only load the batteries at ~1.5C, which allows us to get a little more out of the standard lipo packs. We have been looking into an 18650 based pack such as yours, for the same battery weight we could dramatically improve the flight times. Currently, with a 20lb payload we are seeing 25 minute flight times with standard turnigy multistar lipos (with a 20% reserve).

Thanks

-Brian

• Christian-

Yes, still using off the shelf lipos. Due to the large props and lightweight structure, we only load the batteries at ~1.5C, which allows us to get a little more out of the standard lipo packs. We have been looking into an 18650 based pack such as yours, for the same battery weight we could dramatically improve the flight times. Currently, with a 20lb payload we are seeing 25 minute flight times with standard turnigy multistar lipos (with a 20% reserve).

Thanks

-Brian

• Has a rugged chassis, great work. But heavy LiPo battery packs, right? Why you don't use li-ion battery packs based on Sanyo-Panasonic NCR18650GA cells, these have more capacity, more powerful, more flying time , and long life!

Brian Riskas said:

Hello-

I have built a few of these types of craft here in the USA for aerial spraying. We manufacture a custom frame with removable arms, KDE 7215 motors and ESCs, Pixhawk and 30" props in an X8 configuration. I am not sure what is required for CAA registration, but we have lots of documentation on the design and build process. We also have several sprayer systems available as well if needed.

We normally fly with off the shelf lipo batteries, but the batteries that Christian has above would work very well I think. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Brian

• Hello-

I have built a few of these types of craft here in the USA for aerial spraying. We manufacture a custom frame with removable arms, KDE 7215 motors and ESCs, Pixhawk and 30" props in an X8 configuration. I am not sure what is required for CAA registration, but we have lots of documentation on the design and build process. We also have several sprayer systems available as well if needed.

We normally fly with off the shelf lipo batteries, but the batteries that Christian has above would work very well I think. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Brian

R30 2.JPG

R30 body 2.JPG

R30 with T18 sprayer.JPG

• Good afternoon, sir.

I can suggest you a battery pack type for this kind of UAV. I design a wide range lithium-ion batteries assembled with cylindrical cells (like the Tesla battery), special to be used for heavy drones.

See more info and battery specs on: www.uavfpvbattery.com

Thank you.

• Hello,

Your looking at a big boy with U8 , U10, U11, U12 or U15 motors  26-30 inch props your looking at 5k minimum.

what will this craft be used for?

This reply was deleted.

Activity