Drone Video Site

Where are you going to put your content if you become a commercial operator or are you going to stick to just contract work.

If there was a site that was as easy as YouTube to upload and manage your content where buyers can go to see it, would you use it? Anyone interested could watch or purchase the video from you and the site would handle the transactions so you don't have too. Does this sound appealing to anyone and if so what would you change, add, or takeaway from it?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would be concerned about data rights, licensing, payment structure, etc.

From what you describe, it sounds like this would be set up as a way for people to browse and pay to download more or less "stock" images or videos, uploaded by operators? It is unlikely that operators who are performing work in an agricultural setting would be interested in using this service, since their data product will be relevant only to a handful of people who contract the service.

If there were something like YouTube that allowed for direct download of an image or video, with the same ease of use, I could see a larger number wanting to use this. The added value would the "handle the transaction" portion, as well as the "searchability" for potential customers using a common repository. Having a very good search feature would be critical, I would think. This would be an advantage for operators, since this takes care of a lot of web /SEO work they would need to perform if they wished to make the product available to purchase on their own (apart from contract work).

Very interesting idea. Look forward to hearing more.

• I am envisioning it to be like YouTube but all the content is owned by the creators. Any user can publish videos or images to the site and make them available to view or purchase. This would allow for people who want stock footage to have a place to buy or get it for free if the creator so wishes. I am seeing this as a great thing for marketers and real estate professionals to get the footage they need quickly. I want to make something that gives creators and easy way to connect with professionals and consumers who want their work. I would like to get more feedback from other flyers and refine the idea before starting to possibly build it.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @NVIDIADRIVE: Season Beta has arrived! Check out the first race of the @roborace season, livestreaming from Anglesey Circuit Sept. 24-26…
6 hours ago
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @IndyAChallenge: Here is the ROS-based small-scale vehicle platform showing the ROS Visualization (Rviz) screen with multiple ROS nodes…
16 hours ago
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @IndyAChallenge: Here is Black & Gold Autonomous Racing's simulated racecar running a lap @IMS and showing the team's code overtaking ot…
16 hours ago
DIY Robocars via Twitter
16 hours ago
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @donkey_car: New Maintainers! Donkey Car 4.0 and more! Here is our September Newsletter! https://donkeycar.substack.com/p/september-donkey-newsletter?r=2ji2t&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy
17 hours ago
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @chr1sa: Kinda cool that we just hit 2,500 members of our Bay Area self-driving car racing league. More than 10k globally. Fast, cheap…
17 hours ago
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @chr1sa: Our next @DIYRobocars virtual AI car race is next Saturday. Compete from home using the @donkey_car simulator -- no physical ca…
Sunday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @RoboticMasters: Students from @Sydney_Uni working hard on improvements and changes to @donkey_car simulator. @diyrobocars @adafruit…
Sunday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Practice virtual race this Saturday; the real thing will be on Oct 3 https://www.meetup.com/DIYRobocars/
Sep 23
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Sep 23
Derrick Davies liked lisa TDrones's profile
Sep 23
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Sep 21
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SahikaGenc: AWS DeepRacer & Hot Wheels Track https://youtu.be/4H0Ei07RdR4 via @YouTube
Sep 14
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Sep 8
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @davsca1: We are releasing the code of our Fisher Information Field, the first dedicated map for perception-aware planning that is >10x…
Sep 8
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: How this works: 1)object detection to find cones in single camera image, 30 frames/sec on @NVIDIAEmbedded Xavier. 2)comp…
Sep 8
More…