Replies

• Hi Luc,

That's great results!
    So, do you have a plug'n play interface for payloads?
  • The hexa I build  fly for 34 minutes with 1050 grams of payload .

It can fly with rain and has a rail for rapid gimbal change.

Without payload but standard batteries the flight time is 56 minutes.

The quad  (870 grams without battery and payload) with 250 grams of payload fly for 50 minutes .

Using 18650 batteries would extend flightime but since the C rating is low it would not be possible to have a significative payload .

Both have 16" props.

• You got this right Hans, bigger the propeller more the eficiency.

We use 11" props to hover our super cool weather reistant airframe for 1 hour.

The battery pack costs arround 150euros. If you are ready to pay I would suggest you use Kokam batteries for arround 1350euros.

Best

• Long Duration Drones, usually looks like this (extremely minimalist slim design and gigantic propellers):

[AUW 1570gr. Frame of 12mm carbon tubes, no landing gear]

maxresdefault.jpg?width=700

Not like this:

3691321090?profile=original

• Funny how the claim of 22,2V / 7000mAh is no longer on the site. :D

1000gram of battery and 500grams of "funny frame" + 4xmotor + "funny landing gear" and so on (not to speak of those cute little propellers).

There are drones with 1 hour of flight time. It is easy to recognize them as extremely minimalist slim design and gigantic propellers. Each part is absolutely the best in its kind, battery pack is often 500USD.

• No
  • What's the idea with the funny airframe shape?  Is it to make it as flexible and structurally inefficient as possible...?

• Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for your valuable 'to the point' feedback!

The measurement is surely done at indoor hover conditions. Though, without putting the batteries in danger. We use standard Panasonic NCR18650B batteries.

As you may have seen on the website, we're working on an ultra light electric motor which hopefully will be the ground breaking contributor to even longer flight times. This model: TC411 is a demonstrator of 1 hour flight time with OTS equipment.

We currently plan to offer this product for arround 3000€. About the other 1 hour flying drones, I wonder if there are any at this price range?

Best,
    Kaan
  • This is probably the 5th or so 1 hour claim on a quad-copter I've seen. Almost always requires no payload, no movement, no wind, and running the battery down to critical conditions. Or is using fuel-cell's or non-lipo batteries that require current draw to be extremely low, and again, not practical in real world conditions.

There are tons of V-TOL UAV's that can do 1 hour of real world flying (mapping or actual work) in the traditional heli realm. More flight time is great, but, if you need something to just hover for a long time there are tethered options that allow for unlimited hover in one place. If you need an hour of actual work with a payload, Traditional heli's are far better and more reliable than quad-copters. 

We will see if this can actual do an hour of actual real world work, if not, it's just another quad option with the literally thousands already in existence. 

• Hi Chad,

Thank you for your comment. I fully share your concerns.
    Drone killer is certainly available to autohirized organizations ONLY.

Best,
    Kaan
This reply was deleted.

Activity