Hi all, I just got my hands on a Walkera Devo 10 RC, but I cannot seem to be able to change the flight modes to engage the autopilot. I've connected the first 7 channels of the receiver with the first 7 input pins in the ardupilot: should I connect more, less, what could I be doing wrong? I've not been able to find relevant information on this topic online.

This is my first RC with multiple flight modes switching capabilities, so I have no previous experience in it, and I can't seem to be able to find useful beginner-level documentation online.

Many thanks,

Nicolò

edit: I'm attaching the wiring and controller trigger that I'm using to engage the autopilot in case I'm doing any obvious mistake

20130408_160034[1].jpg

20130408_160107[1].jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• at the moment I've solved this issue connecting the Gear pin on the receiver to the input 5. Although this is not the solution, it enables me to use 2 flighting modes. In future I'll try to dig deeper into the RC documentation to solve this mystery.

Thank you for your time

• hello,

you need to program you radio on channel 5 or witch ever you want to use for FM to emit WPM between 1230- 1750 .

how to program your radio ? 

https://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/APM_Parameters

• After looking at the updated page on wiring I fixed all the cables (now I'm using only 5, all matching the instruction). Still there is no command that will change the flight mode when looking at the flight planner. Any idea?

This reply was deleted.

Activity