ESC nonstop beeping

Greetings,

I have a fully assembled Hexacopter and it was flying just fine until now. Now when I connect the battery it goes through the normal beeping until after a brief break it just keeps on beeping and the motors turn a little bit. Did the ESC lose their configuration/calibration? Is one of them burn out? I have no idea how to check or how to reset the original settings. Any ideas, recommendations?

Thanks,

Michael

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My Quanum nova was constantly beeping it would not stop beeping it would not arm it would not do anything except for beeping I have tried going through mission planner downloading a firmware nothing worked then I found the original firmware that comes from the factory so I did a custom firmware and mission planner and the beeping stop it could arm it and I can start flying again and took me five days but it was worth it you can find it on the Internet it is called (ArduCopter3.2.1-quad-apm2-custom.hex)

ArduCopter3.2.1-quad-apm2-custom.hex

nova_original_settings.txt

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702207470?profile=original
  • Hi

Share your configuration.

• After my experience, doing an ohm test on the motors will be job #1 before assembly. A motor short will take out an ESC.

• I have the same problem on all 4 of mine (brand new Quanum Nova).  Never flown,  checked ok yesterday. 

Totally stuck. 

• Did you get this worked out?? Thanks, Steve

• how is it? u get this worked? or end up buy buying new esc?

• If the ESC beeps every few seconds that usually means it doesn't detect a PWM signal. It's possible the signal wire has a break somewhere or worse the APM or ESC have damaged circuity. Like Joe said, try to isolate the ESC that is beeping and then go from there.

• Mine beep if I  have the signal inputs disconnected or connected to the receiver. All beep,  worked two days ago.  Puzzling. 

• I had one of my ESC's up and die and it indeed started beeping continuously, the others functioned normally. In that condition it was hard to tell if it was just one beeping or more. I unplugged them one piece by piece to finally determine the culprit.

HTH.

• Did you get this fixed? I have one engine beeping, worked for a day or two then when I went to test fly it started beeping. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity