ezUHF Not Working As Expected

I just got a ezUHF tx with an 8 channel diversity receiver and am having some issues with it.  I did a recalibration of the ESC's but it wouldn't let me to it though the APM so I had to put in each individual ESC to the throttle to calibrate.  Next problem it oscillates quickly (jitters) even though i left at the PID's the same as before, I wouldn't think they would need to change. Lastly when i get it up to half throttle the copter tilts forward about 30 degrees.

I tested all these while holding it as I don't trust it to fly at this point.  Anyone out there know what's going on here?

Here's a video to demonstrate the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67jC6MiW2bM

By the second or third clip i changed the PID's and it seemed to resolve the jitter issue,  You can see in the videos how at about half throttle it pitch's forward.  Two of the clips i had the back right motor brake which i can't explain. In the last clip i had a broken wire that went to the power module, it never caused any issues before but it shorted out the burnt my finger (i guess that's irrelevant to my issue.

Added some logs below

2013-08-19 20-22 23.log

2013-08-19 19-50 22.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Colin,

That discovery you made about
    “I also figured out that the fail-safe was stopping me from calibrating the ESC's so I set the fail-safe to full throttle and was able to auto calibrate.”

Has really helped me out, with my EZUHF my entire throttle was only occupying half of the throttle stick movement. eg  ¼ throttle = ½ throttle and ½ throttle = full throttle.

Nice find!

Cheers
    Scott

• I figured out my issue, I needed to calibrate the 9x again.  I also figured out that the fail-safe was stopping me from calibrating the ESC's so I set the fail-safe to full throttle and was able to auto calibrate. 

• Is there anything else i should be logging to troubleshoot this?

This reply was deleted.

Activity