Hi, I did a test flight of the s800 evo today with pixhawk, unfortunately it flipped and crashed. I noticed a lazy motor due to that the DJI opto ESC cant be calibrated, but there were many people having the same issue had no problem in liftoff.

The weird thing is, I changed the position of the lazy motor, and it always flipped to the one direction. The CW/CCW was aligned according to the DJI's manual (HEXA X), so I am really confused about the reason...

any helps please, thanks very much in advance,

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is it the motor servo wrong -- The picture numbering between DJI Naza Flight Controller and Pixhawk are different -- see diagrams.

BTW, I haven't used pixhawk for a long time.

DJI Naza Motor Numbering: https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&s...

PixHawk Motor Numbering : https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&s...

Redirect Notice
    • Hi Kuson, I just corrected the layout, however it still tends to draft to one side, any ideas about that? thanks,

• Most likely balance the copter's CG (assuming motors and props are new, balanced, and level )

• I've carefully checked the CG, and I noticed that the motor on the side drafted to, generated less power than the others. so it might not be CG issue. I've changed two platforms S800 EVO and f550, both like that. As you know, the DJI ESC can't be calibrated, so I am rather confused, could it be the problem on pixhawk?

• Hmm... in my moderately experienced opinion, (I still have trouble myself with it) if it is light drafting, then not too big of an issue unless you are a perfectionist. If heavy drafting,  you may want to change the ESCs because in theory my guess is, the ESCs must be giving the right motor output based on the Flight Controller's commands, and if its not calibarated, there is no way to have complete control of the craft.

• yes, now I'm pretty sure its the esc issue. I changed the arm of the s800, and whichever position it was, that motor was always being 'lazy'. really don't get it, why DJI esc performs like this with pixhawk!

• Many thanks Kuson, that is the reason! I am so stupid thinking they are the same!

This reply was deleted.

Activity