Whats up yall. So there will be profanity in this post. If you have small children have them look away now.

I am on my last wit here. If this cannot get fixed, I will post a video of me blowing up this f*****g quad in some shape or form. All work Flawlessly and the issue came out of absolute nowhere.

So............. New Motors, New ESC's, ALL new wiring. Only the bare essentials connected. Reinstalled Pixhawk firmware. Re-Flashed pixhawk. Re-Flashed Devo Transmitter. Tested quad with pre-arm off. Re calibration of pixhawk. Tried again. Removed power module. Powering pixhawk with 5v leads from ESC's.

The quad cannot leave the ground......It seems as if the quad is EXTREMELY under powered. When at full throttle, the thing runs for a few more seconds, then a full blackout. I mean FULL blackout. ESC's, Flight Controller. even with the battery connected. To power back on, The battery needs to be unplugged and plugged back in again.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.....................................for god's f*****g sake.

P.S. I intended on using more profanity.....

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Already been Done. Still only stops when one motor is disconnected. But the thing used to fly flawlessly. I'm not sure what changed....thats why i'm stumped

• Yes, one at a time. My thought is that one of the esc is pulling power via the signal ground which causes everything to get grumpy. Do check and recheck your wiring first. If you have a tester then check for continuity between battery plug negative and each esc negative. Disconnect the pixhawk signal. There should always be ground continuity.

If you are using the 3DR power module, there is a current shunt in there (Google). It might have a dry joint which fails when loaded up.
      Put a voltage meter on each side of the red wire.

BTW, hope quad is tied down. Testing like this with props on is going to lead to disaster.
      • I have to keep the props on. This only happens when props are attached. If i disconnect one motor (Any), the issue doesn't happen. Already sliced my hand open xD

• It's not user resettable. Does when load is removed.

Check and recheck your negative from battery to esc.

Try removing ground from one esc signal at a time. It might highlight where the fault is.

Try measure voltage over the power module shunt. ie put a tester on the positive on the battery side and the other lead on the non battery side of the red wire. You should see a very small voltage, millivolts. Could be a dry joint on the shunt which bends open under load from heat.

Just thinking out loud of things I would discount.
      • So try the ESC signal wire without the grounds? And what do you mean by shunt?

~SA

• I suspect he's realised that he's a fool and won't be back.

@Crispin, "I suspect he's realised that he's a fool and won't be back."

Your comment is harsh, please consider removing it.

• Sorry yall. I'm still having the issue, just been troubleshooting this thing left and right. It's looking like something is actually wrong with the Pixhawk....

@Checkers, I haven't tried that fix yet and will when i get home and let you know how it goes. 

Here is a video of the issue at hand. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/60l3mpy4doo5hct/20150506_135344.mp4?dl=0

20150506_135344.mp4
        Shared with Dropbox
        • Word for the wise: NEVER test with the props on.... 

• My guess is a power issue / ground loop somewhere.

Somehow you're trying to pull power through the pixhawk or BEC and it's tripping (there is a resettable fuse in the Pixhawk).

How have you wired the ESCs and BEC in? (If any bec).

Do you have Signal + ground going down to ESCs from Pixhawk.

This reply was deleted.

Activity