Whats up yall. So there will be profanity in this post. If you have small children have them look away now.

I am on my last wit here. If this cannot get fixed, I will post a video of me blowing up this f*****g quad in some shape or form. All work Flawlessly and the issue came out of absolute nowhere.

So............. New Motors, New ESC's, ALL new wiring. Only the bare essentials connected. Reinstalled Pixhawk firmware. Re-Flashed pixhawk. Re-Flashed Devo Transmitter. Tested quad with pre-arm off. Re calibration of pixhawk. Tried again. Removed power module. Powering pixhawk with 5v leads from ESC's.

The quad cannot leave the ground......It seems as if the quad is EXTREMELY under powered. When at full throttle, the thing runs for a few more seconds, then a full blackout. I mean FULL blackout. ESC's, Flight Controller. even with the battery connected. To power back on, The battery needs to be unplugged and plugged back in again.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.....................................for god's f*****g sake.

P.S. I intended on using more profanity.....

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can we get ANY data of your quad??picture?video?Anythng...

• OK, try other tests. You've got a dodgy connection somewhere. Or at least rule it out
      • I'll post the results in a few hours

• So just doing some continuity tests, if i touch the ground terminal to the signal wire on the ESC, there is a small bit of continuity. Is this normal?

• It's not strange.  You're reading  through the circuit now. 

Just check grounds to grounds.  Should be far less than one ohm or so. 

Wiggle the wires 

• all grounds make good contact

Tested the ground rails on pixhawk and receiver as well

• If i touch the hot wire from battery terminal to the ground, there is a bit of continuity too....does that say anything?

• The ohm rating increases steadily, could it be the capacitor in the ESC?

• Ok, so you left the one test lead on the negative plug at the battery end and tested each of the negatives at the ESCs. They all checked out. Did you rattle and fiddle with the wires as part of the test?

Yes, the steadily increasing resistance would be a cap charging up somewhere in the circuit.

Right, let's try look at the next thing. Power.

Did you measure across the power module? 

Connect your tester to the Pixhawk RC out +/- The easiest and safest way is to sacrifice a servo extension lead.You should see roughly 5.3V. When you put full throttle does it remain at 5.3 or does it die?

• OK, suggests it us load related. Try all props off then add one at a time until it trips. Check that esc first.

Put props on upside down
This reply was deleted.

Activity