FPV assumption

Hi guys, i'm noob here so please excuse my unnatural behavior. Everything i mention below is abstract idea, so please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

1. I don't have concrete ideas of how FPV works (i don't have experience). So my first assumption is "i can do FPV from a laptop." (please do correct me if this is wrong).

2. I'm planning to put Mobius ActionCamera on my quadcopter. Next thing to do is, connecting the camera to AV transmitter (2.4GHz/5.8GHz). I'm planning to use boscam/immersion AV transmitter.

3. I'm not sure about this one. I'm going to connect AV receiver to my laptop (is it even possible?) and after that, i can see FPV through my laptop.

The above steps are just my assumptions. I just feel that using laptop rather than carrying small tv is much better for aerial photography.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• but wifi adapter attaches to traditional FPV Rx

errm, does it mean: Camera > wifi adapter > wifi signal > FPV Rx > USB adapter > Laptop/SmartPhones?

or

Camera > wifi adapter > wifi signal > Laptop/SmartPhones ?

It'll be good to know the whole process

• Wifi FPV connect to Fpv receiver is better solution i think! beacue you can also connect a analog monitor as well to Fpv receiver see the difference in lag

• Also... I prefer 1.2ghz with a low pass filter for more range than the 5.8.
      • ...for more range than the 5.8.

Does it mean, it can broadcast farther just by adding low pass filter? may i know the explanation? i'm interested in range-increasing method.

• Technically, yes, is does, but only in instances where the range of your RPAS is being limited by your remote control link (listening at 2.4Ghz) and where that link is currently suffering from interference from the video transmitter (transmitting at 1.2Ghz).
          The low pass filter is added to the 1.2Ghz transmitter in order to reduce the interference in the radio spectrum above that at which it is transmitting.
          Make sense?
    • Agree completely. Also if your laptop freezes, which happens you'll loose your visual. Go with a separate LCD screen or video goggles. I prefer the goggles because you don't have to worry about sun glare and they're more immersive. Just a matter of preference.
    • Convert analog AV signal to wifi? i never heard of it before. So what the laptop need to do is connecting to the wifi?

Can converting analog AV signal to USB be done with simple cable converter?

• yes you connect to wifi network of the box using VLAN or some other network video player by IP address and you get video on your laptop or android, IOS device. also the new FPV cameras are now full HD recording to SD card.

my store by the way!

This reply was deleted.

Activity