Fpv Camera interfereing with ublox gps, APM 2.5

I am having an issue with my RMRC 480 camera causing interference with my ublox gps module. This is a new plane to me and only the second plane i have had this apm 2.5 in so i am still learning. i was having problems at the field and i figured they were power related because i was using the esc bec to power all of my servos, pan tilt and apm. During the course of moving things and putting in a separate bec i noticed the gps worked alot better when the camera was unplugged. As soon as i plug it back in the gps goes down to zero sats and then hovers around 4 to 6. here is a wiring diagram of my plane, i do not have any ground loops, i really do not know what else to do. Any help is appreciated!

Penguin Wiring diag.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had the same problem with mtk gps, at first I moved the camera a little far away and solved, then I try with the minim osd that it was near the gps I move down and aprox 15 cm far from the gps near the camera, returned the camera to it's original place and no problem, For me the problem, I supose, it was the camera cable. 

• It was interference from the camera, but i had to move it a lot farther than a few inches, but thanks fro the info.

• thanks for the reply, but i do not think its noise from the camera. I used another camera and vtx on my quad and put it right next to the gps and it did not affect it at all, but both cameras do the same thing when plugged into the plane. One thing i noticed when i have the apm connected to the mission planner looking at the flight data page you can see things start moving around like you were moving the plane but its sitting on the table.

• It's noise that the camera gives off, move the Camera away from the GPS.

I had the same problem, and had to reloacate my Camera a few move inches away.

This reply was deleted.

Activity