I am a total noob when it comes to aerial video. I have a basic understanding of the required hardware, but no experience to guide me in the selection process.
Here's what I have:
ublox 5 GPS
xbee 900 mhz
Sr. Telemaster 8' wingspan all up weight 10.5 lbs, Electric power on 6s 5000mah
Here's what I want to do:
Transmit video to ground over a 2-3 mile range, primarily for recording and replay after the fact. Eventually perhaps FPV operation.
Overlay OSD of GPS, Battery, Way-point etc,
A general list of generic components required would be helpful to confirm my existing beliefs.
More specific advice on individual components from those who have experience with components that work well together would be appreciated.
Right now my primary desire is to educate myself through your advice and form an understanding of all the components and the way they work together.
As I understand it I need the following:
1) A CCD camera ...Any suggestions
2) Some system for overlay of OSD information (can this use the datafrom the GPS on the Ardupilot?)
3) 100mw output Transmitter (for a 2-3 mile range, I believe over this I need a Ham operators license, correct? What frequency offers the best clarity and reception, while not interfering with the 72mhz Radio gear and the 900mhz xbee)
4) Receiver for above (with dual output if I want to do FPV)
5) Some kind of recording device/display for FPV if desired.
Any input/advice no matter how small is appreciated.