FS_TH9X

Just bought a new transmitter from Hobby Partz. (Put the batteries in it. Fully charged.) Made sure all the switches where in the right positions. Turned it on, it just beeps, and display "switch error" message? Switches are all forward. So does this mean this transmitter is defective?

Defective tran (2).JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

The 9x is known for having possible wiring/solder QC issues, and most recommend that you open it up to look for any obvious mistakes.

I have modded my 9xs so much, that I have gotten to know it inside and out, by heart. The first thing that I have changed was the screws to a more robust metal to metal upgrade, and then flashing the radio, adding 6 pos switch, then a thumb joystick to the back for pan&tilt, changing the battery system, adding a better usb programming mod, adding backlighting and a separate telemetry display, etc. (see SmartParts)
                http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPat...

The list of possible mods is almost endless.

The point being, as you have found, it doesn't pay to be sending a $ 50 radio back for warrantee, when you can correct/change anything you want in this fabulous radio.

After all, this is a DIY community... plus it's fun!
                9X Add-Ons : SmartieParts.com
                SmartieParts.com : 9X Add-Ons - Smart Car Cruise Control 9X Add-Ons Discontinued Products
                • I paid 89 bucks for it from Hobby Partz. (Free shipping.) Cost 13 bucks and some change to send it back to them. I'm going to build my own transmitter over the winter.

• It's very surprising a Tx would require the throttle to be 100% when turning it on. Normally, it's all switches back (away from operator) and throttle at zero, not max (for obvious reasons).
            • That's what is in my previous post. The drone didn't have a battery in it. So there was no danger of the motors starting with the throttle up. (Besides the props where off it and it was in another room.)

Mailman had just delivered it, brought it in the house and opened it, put the batteries in it, turned it on, started beeping and flashing "SWITCH ERROR". The switches where all away from me, and I did try arming the transmitter with the throttle down. The throttle wasn't active, or, any of the switches. (They were all dead sticks.) No matter what position the switches where in, the transmitter just beeped and flashed, "SWITCH ERROR".

The transmitter had been hooked up to the Mission Planner on the computer trying to configure it? But since the transmitter could not be booted up, it didn't matter where the switches where, up, down, sideways. So I sent it back and Hobby Partz at my expense since it was under warranty, only had it two days and they are supposed to be sending me a replacement.

If the transmitter had been used I would have taken it apart and found the problem. But since it was under warranty I sent it back for a replacement.

• if you can bypass the error screen by pressing a menu button, go thru the calibration screen, and adjust the throttle.

check to see if that works. if not, then go to the limits page, and offset or lower the output on the low side to below 900

other then that, Im not sure.. 

• Bill I pressed the menu button, nothing. I tried different combinations with the switches, all it did was beep and flash switch error?

• Throttle is high

Try lowering all the way to the bottom and retry

• Didn't work. Got a hold of Hobby Partz and trying to send it back for another transmitter. All I'm getting from Hobby Partz is the run around. 5 emails wanting me to explain what's wrong with the transmitter. I sent photos, even took a video of the problem. Waiting for a response about the video?

• Finally got an RMA number from Hobby Partz to send back the defective transmitter. But it looks like I'm going to get stuck paying the shipping return? (Which is wrong.) Not sure if they are going to charge me 15 percent for a restocking fee either? I took a video as "proof" that the transmitter wasn't working and was defective so they can't say otherwise and try to charge me a restocking fee for their defective transmitter.

• Turnigy FlySky iMax Eurgle 9X Switch Error: http://youtu.be/GhwOWtcagnA
This reply was deleted.

Activity