I'm having some issues getting the correct altitude value to write onto the picture EXIF file. I seem to be getting relative altitude as my output onto the photo. Further, it is not outputting any info to the first 4 photos, and I'm getting massive errors in Photoscan (several tens of thousands of meters).

I'm using the tlog with a 307.8 second offset. CAM message offsets are 1, 4, 3, 5, 2, 8, 7, 6; GPS are 2, 3, 9, 6,  7, 8 from left to right top to bottom in Mission Planner 1.3.7 Build 1.1.5307.24027.

I am waiting on an IR trigger and plan on triggering based on distance, but would like to get this working in the meantime. Let me know if you need some of my pictures (100 photo set @ 7 MB each).

Thanks for any help!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is a Dropbox link to the photoset and the three log files. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Dropbox - Error
      Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
      • I just tried to open the logs, but these are the wrong ones.

you uploaded the logs from the mission planner only.

Recording telemetry

Mission Planner:

MAVLink telemetry is automatically recorded when MAVlink is connected. Files are in your “logs” subfolder in your Mission Planner folder and given data/time filenames (you can rename them). There are two types saved: “.tlog” and “.rlog”. You should normally just use the
        tlog
        files; the
        rlog
        s are just for debugging and contain all the output from the APM serial stream, including debugging info.

Please unplug the micro sd card from your pixhawk and upload the bin file from the flight! Thanks!

• Hi Yannick,

That could be part of the problem! I've uploaded two BIN files from the Pixhawk SD card, I'm not sure which of the two was for that flight (I'm 80% sure it's the first file). What do I do with the BIN files? Do I use them like I'd used the tlog files?

Thanks!

• MP has a function to convert PX4 bin to dataflash log files. By the way, it's preferable to use dataflash logs rather than tlogs for geotagging because of latency and possible interruptions in telemetry.

3702826569?profile=original

• Ah, cool! Got it to work, but altitude still seems to be relative even though I'm taking the correct column from the dataflash log txt file... so the bigger problem still is not fixed.

Thanks for the tip MC!

• Hey David,

the first bin was the right one. But there are no CAM messages recorded, please check your log settings.

The CAM message look like this one:

CAM, 481236600, 1804, 53.4139451, 8.0163265, 94.07, -26.10, 2.87, 75.31

• Writing my reply here since I think we reached the max on the below reply.

It actually is working ok, but the altitude is incorrect (which is why the thread was made). I'm waiting on an IR trigger and then I plan on using the Pixhawk.

• Yannick,

Thnx for the tip but i cud not find the complete log of this particular flight, the attached log file is the last part of the mission. Any idea why the complete log file is not available.

Also how do i know that the dataflash is recording CAM messages,is there any way to check it.

• That's because I'm using time offset/intervalometer, not CAM triggering. Should I leave my cam distance or cam timer trigger on from the Pixhawk even though they're not currently in use?

• Okay, i didn't know that. So you can just do georef by time offset, but thats very unprecise.

You should try to find a way to trigger your camera with the pixhawk. This gives a better result. This is also better, because the time between each photo is different  when you fly with or against the wind.

@ Kathik,

i think you got the wrong one. When you open the log file with the mission planner, you can click on "show map". This should help to find the missing log.

This reply was deleted.

Activity