I recently came across an issue on my Pixhawk running the latest PX4 firmware (loaded on 6/23/2016) through QGroundControl.  

1) Starts off on ground with solid blue (or green if outside and GPS lock).

2) Takes off no problem, but after 10 seconds I get a solid RED LED and a constant beeping.

3) Sometimes it will be RED but then a pattern of beeps.

I see nothing on the net that shows a PX$ solid RED LED.  However, the logs on the SD card show 'Battery Low' and 'Battery Critical'.  The battery is 100% charged, but this happens every time anyway.  

So -

1) Can anyone confirm what SOLID RED means?

2) Has anyone seen this issue lately?

3) Is it the battery, a config issue, or the Pixhawk that causes this issue?

Thanks for any experience or insight!

Derek

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It seems my battery optimization settings in QGC were incorrect, causing a battery low / critical warning.  I saw this in the log file on the SD card.  I messed around with those setting and the RED LED and beeping went away.

Now - I don't know what the correct settings, or nominal settings should be, so I am not confident that a warning will trigger at the appropriate time now...  but at least I was able to find the settings that affected it.

• I was having an issue like this after my hexacopter with pixhawk sat through the winter and I got it out the other day to update it / set it up etc. I formatted the micro sd card on my pc and put it back in the pixhawk, ejected / reinserted a couple times to make sure it had a good connection and after that I was able to update / load firmware etc and it worked fine / as expected. Seems like sd card can have a bad connection some times and causes red light / beeping. You can even try just removing it / blowing in the slot (flashback to nes console cartridge blowing) and inserting it a couple times without formatting it and power up and see if it makes a difference.

If that doesn't do it sounds like might need to verify voltage monitoring is working correctly and showing the correct voltage of the battery when it is fully charged / before take off and check the low battery fail safe settings.

This reply was deleted.

Activity