Hi,

I wish to switch my camera on and off with respect to altitude. I would like to do this to retract and protect the lens. Something like altitude >50m switch the camera on; altitude <45m switch the camera off.

I have a camera trigger that has two RC channels, one for shutter and one for power.

I know I can execute Python scripts locally on the GCS PC but I believe this relies on the telemetry link to work. I would much rather the script was stored and executed remotely on the auto pilot. Is this possible ?

I think I can set a condition within a flight plan to switch the camera on/off, but this depends on the height being reached before the next waypoint becomes active which sounds unreliable to me. I also suspect it will be timing sensitive and therefore not particularly fool proof. Even if I get this to work what if the pilot chooses to come out of auto before the camera power off event and land in FBWA etc. No lens retraction I am guessing.

Comments..

Regards.

Geoff.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Customs apps look like they may hold a solution https://pixhawk.org/dev/hello_world but editing PPM values, trigger heights, etc are going to involve recompilation of the code which is less than ideal.

This reply was deleted.

Activity