HEAVY LIFT QUADCOPTER

I'm in the process of finishing my heavy lift quadcopter. I need some sugestions about the set-up. I need to know what size of props I should use with this motors too. I think that APC 13.6 props will be good but I'm not sure.The frame is made of compose material of a hockey stick and carbon center plate.arms are 66cm arm to armcarbon center plate sandwich 10 cm4X pulso 2820/14 860KV motor 5mm shaft?4X ACE RC 40Amp ESC'Soilpanardupilot MegaGPS MtekMagnetometerAR700 spektrum receiverI would like to fly In X configuration.The total weight without battery is 1438 kgThe camara ship Askma-------------is 1332kg2X Turnigy Nano-Tech 2220________are 334kgAny sugestion about weight and props size will be deeply appreciated.

Picture clipping 2.jpg

Picture clipping 1.jpg

Picture clipping.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi - I am using 4 Pulso U28-M 760KV motors on my quad.

I am probably going to settle on APC 11x4.7 slow flyer blades as this gives me a good level of power and reasonably good battery life.  I tried 10x4.7 but the power was a little low.  When I tried 13" blades, I have a big problem when decending as the quad wobbled out of control and flipped and crashed a couple of times.  I think that this was caused by the rpm of the motors being too low in the hover and not having enough gyroscopic energy to cope with flying through its own air on decent.....

I am out of the air for a few more days as I am adding a couple more motors and going for a hex - x.  In other words I am re-building from scratch with  a newly designed distribution board for the speed controllers etc.  Learning from the mistakes made on my first try quad.  Further complicated by trying out the latest code.  Will I ever fly again???

Hope the prop info helps, good luck.

• My quad total weight is 3Kg (include batery but no camera). fly in X8 config. It same as X config but 4 mortor on top and 4 mortor buttom. My mortor size 2217 900KV with props 10*5 each can push out 0.7 Kg. so I have total lift power about 5.6 Kg. In your case you need total power just like mine. but I not kown output of 2820 with 13*6 props.
This reply was deleted.

Activity