Help me with my first build

I have been flying cheap quadcopters for awhile now, and decided now it time to move up want to build my own. I don't just want to move up and buy a ready-to-fly dji or another quadcopter.

These are the Parts i have currently ordered, and have on my desk right now. 

NEEWER® 4-Axis HJ450 Frame Airframe

4x marspower 2212 920KV Brushless Motor 2R/2L

4x Hobby King 30A ESC 3A UBEC

Whats left to order

APM 2.6 with gps and all the goodies

Battery

Transmitter

Props

I'm i missing something? i would also like to know, whats the 'best' cheap transmitter i can buy, and whats some good props that will fit my motors? Anything else i should add to my buy next list?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Christopher,

the Neewer is a copy of the DJI Flamewheel and it looks like you have ordered compatible parts.

Unless you are planning on buying one of the non-3DR cheap imitation APM's I would suggest you purchase the Pixhawk and GPS / compass instead.

And I really recommend against the non-3DR APM's until you gain experience with the real thing at least.

You will likely end up chasing your tail regarding non-compatible APM things rather than flying.

And this site definitely is not a major source of information about those problems or incompatibilities.

You will also need a battery, transmitter and receiver.

Probably Lipo in the 2000 to 3000 mah range 3cell.

FRSky Taranis transmitter and PPM compatible receiver highly recommended, it has enough capability for - growth.

Props, I recommend 10" GemFan Carbon filled, they are tough, have good efficiency and are cheap.

Please take a look at my quadcoptersarefun.com websites Flamewheel page for step by step instructions.

You can also contact me through that for more help if you would like.

http://quadcoptersarefun.com/2FlamewheelsBuild.html

Best regards,

Gary

• Any help at all?!?!?
This reply was deleted.

Activity