I have just received in the post two motors and fibreglass parts to build my own gimble frame for a small camera weighing up to 200gms.  I am still waiting for the Gimbal Controller to arrive from China.

While I wait for the Controller, may I please ask if it is best to connect the gimbal to its own battery supply, or let it use the battery which power's my newly purchased Iris, which arrived today?

If it is best to use an extra battery, then what size, strength of LiPo battery would I need?

Cheers

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello

I shall now reserch what a nicads is and think about adding one to my project.

Cheers

• Sorry, I missed the "Iris" part. For weight reasons you can just use power from your onboard battery. If you want best performance then I still say separate power supply from a small Nicad. 

• I just use a run off from my existing 12V BEC (already required for FPV). Clean, "weight free", and no added complexity.

• That will depend on the requirements of the gimbal controller. Most have an on-board voltage regulator and are happy with 2S, 3S or 4S.

• Bump.

Please advise on battery strength to power a gimbal and small camera between 100-200gms.

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity