Replies

• I would have to agree with the evaluation from the log in the other post.

You haven't given any details of your system setup though.

Do you have a gimbal? Servo or brushless?

How are you powering the APM, 3DR power module or something else?

How are you powering the outputs, ESC BEC or separate BEC?

Battery size and C rating? Quad's power consumption?

More details would allow people to more thoroughly answer your question.

• Do you have a gimbal? Servo or brushless?

no gimbals. I was wanting to save weight so I took off the brushless motors and used the remaining antivibration mount to mount the camera. I have flown it several times like this with no problems.

How are you powering the APM, 3DR power module or something else?

This is a RTF 3DR Quad. APM 2.6, 3DR power module, 880kv motors, 11x4.7 apc props, 3DR 5.8 FPV setup, frsky d4r2 Rx, 3DR telemetry radios  

How are you powering the outputs, ESC BEC or separate BEC?

3DR 20A-BEC, Simon K firmware, bec 5v/2a, 2-4 lipo

Battery size and C rating? Quad's power consumption?

using 4200mah 3 cell lipo 30c

I have been getting 5 to 7 minutes per battery. Is that what you meant by power consumption? 

My ground station was a samsung tablet hooked up to the 3DR radio. The transmitter is a flysky th9x. I also had a 5.8 ghz monitor for the FPV OSD.  

The pictures show how I had it set up. The landing gear snapped off in the crash. The camera is trashed. 

Thanks for taking a look,

20140217_152140.jpg

20140217_152213.jpg

20140217_152202.jpg

• The strange traces in the log are beyond my humble understanding, but it does all seem to start with spikes on the Vcc. Then everything seems to go pear shaped.

Your Vcc starts dropping after the spikes at 2min down to about 3v. Not good.

Your Mag values and most other sensor readings flat line after this event.

Your motor values show #1 at min and #4 at max.

So if anyone with more log file analysis skills would like to chime in, to me it still seems like a there was a power issue. Maybe a loose connection caused a reset, but then I would expect the log to stop.

A brownout would also cause the log to stop. But there was definitely a power issue on the Vcc.

Do you have the ESC BEC's tied together or are you using just one?

Is it motor #1?

Could the ESC have done an overheat shutdown?

Just some thoughts.

This reply was deleted.

Activity