HexaCopter Can't lift Itself

Hello Dear Friends

I've build an Hexacopter based on Tarot 680Pro frame.

The problem Is that It doesn't take off at all (80% throttle until it actually start trying to)

I've calibrate the Remote (via Mission Planner) and the Esc's and It looks like It doesn't have sufficient power.

The Electronics Specs of it are:

6* 5008-340KV Turnigy Motors

6* Afro ESC 30Amp Esc's (SimonK firmware)  - I didn't try to reconfigure it

1355 Carbon Fiber Propellers

4S 6000mAh 50C 100C/Burst

HML 650 Carbon Fiber Folding Legs

APM 2.6 Firmware 3.2 Controller

Some lite FPV+Telemetry+MinimOSD+3 AA Battries.

Total weight about 2.8Kg

What Can be the problem for it can't lift itself at all?!?

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Yochai

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello

eCalc has gave me "Your Setup is unrealistic and way out of Limits!" (I didn't found my motor and pick Turnigy Multistar 350kv instead)

Yes a smaller motor (700kv) gave me realistic result but the motors is the last thing I'll want to change (cost and installation time)

BTW this Hexa is for a Delivery testing so I'll put 2Kg-4Kg load on it most of the time!!!

What should I change in order to have this Hexa fly and hover in 60%-70% trorrle?

*Flip 3 arms + 15 inch props? (what pitch is the best)

*Change Battery to 6S?

*Change Esc's to 40A-50A?

Thank you all you are helping me allot to clear the duets away

• Hi! In which flightmode does this problem exist? In Stabilize or in Loiter or other Auto-Modes? Try it..
    • No, the question is whether the quad takes off at for example 50% Throttle.
      Try to go up in stabilize and then, when you are at 5 meters switch to althold. This should work. Furthermore, take a look at the throttle_mid parameter and the tutorial at the arducopter-wiki how to set this up as best.
    • In Stabilize it looks like the worst problem.

In AltHold it actually started to take of for 2maters for 5 sec (but than I land it since the wind was very strong today.

What can we conclude from all of that? 

• Your blades and battery may be undersized for the KV of the motor.

That motor can go to a 6s battery and drive blades around 17-18 inches.

You might try larger blades first.

• Dear Robert

Thank you for your answer.

Currently my Tarot680 frame will only allow bigger blades if I'll turn around 3 arms 180 degrees.

So I'll have 3 motors up and 3 motors down (the blades should be all up of course)

The blades will not be level and I'll hope to find a blades that I can install upside down on this big motor surface.

If so. would some one can recommend me on this setup?

What are the pros & cons?

Thank you all

This reply was deleted.

Activity