Hobby King Shipping SUCKS!!!

Anyone else had any issues with Hobby King shipping from their China warehouse? After ordering a new hexa frame from them about a week ago, I still haven't received any shipping confirmation or a valid tracking number. The tracking number on their order status page comes up NOT FOUND when I attempt to use it on the Malaysian Post (or whatever it is) tracking site. I have contacted their customer service reps several times and been met with nothing but excuses and shallow apologies. Has this been YOUR experience with HK? Post your rant here if it has. I doubt very seriously that I will EVER order anything from them again.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes,now they do not ship big lipos any more....

Unable to ship this parcel to your country due to size/weight.
      Your order is either too large, or too heavy for shipment to your country.
      Please see the table below to understand what's permitted by your countries postal system.

Your order To country: CROATIA
      Cart weight: 1398g
      Total Length  0
      Total Size  2mm(L+W2+H2)

Qty Product name Weight Size
      1 Turnigy nano-tech 8000mAh 6S 25~50C Lipo Pack 1398g
    • Weird, that wasn't my experience with the delayed delivery.

I was told, maybe a little late, what the problem was, what was being done, and what the expected delivery was.

Sure, it was two weeks late, but it did arrive.

And I always use the cheapest shipping option.

Then, I started RC in 1980, in South Africa, and anything not on the shelve, might, or might not arrive, in about six month's time.

• Sorry to hear about your Lipo problem.  I have never seen a 8000 mah 6s battery.  I hope that you eventually received it.

All of my Lipo orders in the past year have been placed with the USA warehouse and have been completed without a problem.

• Have some patience,

Since I've discovered them about 8 years ago, and numerous orders later, the longest I've had to wait for an order to arrive here in South Africa, was 7 weeks.

And that was the time there was a huge international uproar about shipping LiPo's via aircraft.

Remember, different timezones, different holidays, etc, etc, and the attitude of your queries do play a role in perceived response.....

And LiPo's take longer

Yes, I'm a happy customer.

GK

• Yeah, Goosie - youre a happy customer because it is worth waiting 2 to 3 months for a HK order than paying a 200 to 1000% mark-up on local hobby vendors.

The HK guys have been subjected to new customs regulations on China side of things. This has been an issue for their exports - on the other hand, if I want to bring a X8 into RSA, it will cost me more in transport/courier fees than what the airframe costs....if it arrives at all. For RSA customers, when checking out your purchase, HK adds a disclaimer that they accept no responsibility for parcels sent to South-Africa. So, if there is a RC fan in the postal service and your parcel goes home with him, you're screwed.

Seems like we need to convince the HK gang to open an Africa warehouse. The shipping from EU warehouse seems reasonable, but they do not have stock.

I'm in week 7 waiting for 2x5000mah batteries for my rover. Paid 500% less at HK than what my local hobby shops wants for these, so, I'll wait. Not happy, but patient.

Antonie

• EU warehouse is a joke...almost every time I have to order from China..also sometimes they ship things from China to EU first and than to you..

About postal service...

In 4 years  from, bad to worse and back to little better than bad...

Fiji post was worst ever,

Swis post  LiPos 30 days to middle EU(Croatia)

Singapore post only better than fiji

Real HongKong airmail..that's best one out of cheap solutions..

About fast carriers ; FedEx and DHL charge extra in my country so EMS is fast solution for me 5-7 days

big lipos I can still only order thru FedEx...and I am not allowed to order from German warehouse or from UK warehouse,both country in EU like mine...

• Ive used Singapore Post and the EMS option a few times each and they have both taken a few days to Australia with SP being a few $ cheaper. I dont know why people complain about SP they have always been fast for me, but thats prolly because its only one leg from HK to SG to SYD. I wonder if SP play some wait for the next one of our flights to throw your parcel on. Perhaps the more legs in this travel the slower it gets.

• this is SP from China to Croatia...I pay for order 02.03.2014

CQ300922100SG

2014-04-02 09:21, Delivered

2014-04-02 02:51, Processing at Delivery Office

2014-04-01 15:02, Departed from Destination Transit Centre

2014-04-01 09:38, Held by Customs at Destination

2014-03-31 12:55, Held by Customs at Destination

2014-03-31 12:45, Received at Destination Transit Centre

2014-03-15 18:21, Handover to Airline

2014-03-14 19:44, Processing at Air Transit Center

2014-03-06 12:14, Processing at Sorting Centre

2014-03-05 20:48, Acknowledged at Transit Centre

2014-03-05 18:49, Pending shipment from Merchant/Shipper

and another one

CQ300822923SG

2014-03-05 12:30, Delivered

2014-03-05 06:39, Processing at Delivery Office

2014-03-04 15:58, Processing at Delivery Office

2014-03-04 15:01, Departed from Destination Transit Centre

2014-03-03 11:00, Held by Customs at Destination

2014-03-03 10:34, Received at Destination Transit Centre

2014-02-21 22:30, Handover to Airline

2014-02-20 20:20, Processing at Air Transit Center

2014-02-14 14:09, Processing at Sorting Centre

2014-02-14 00:00, Acknowledged at Transit Centre

2014-02-13 10:47, Pending shipment from Merchant/Shipper

2014-02-10 21:19, Acknowledged at Transit Centre

http://www.speedpost.com.sg/TrackAndTrace.asp
    • I ALMOST ordered the Tarot frame the other day even after I ordered the Turnigy Talon. After figuring out the debacle with HK shipping, I decided to order another frame stateside, so I ordered the ST800...basically the same as the Tarot T810. The ST800 frame shipped from Port Angeles, Oregon and is already in Hutchens, TX this morning. It'll be here Monday morning and next weekend, I'll be building a drone. Now I need to locate a good stateside source for the Tarot 320kv motors and some 15" CF props. Any suggestions?

• Where did you order the ST810 from and did you get a half decent price?  I am not aware of the supplier that ships out of Port Angeles. Driven through though... I am hovering over the 680mm Tarot (Pun intended) but it won't be coming from HK USA. They have a limited selection as yet, and won't be available there before I place my order. Of course with some orders from HK I have occaisionally been surprised when they arrive, because I have practically forgotten that I'd ordered. A pleasant surprise non the less...:-)

Regards

This reply was deleted.

Activity