Homemade FlightController.

Hello and welcome everyone!

Some time ago influenced by DJI Phantom I started to build my own Quadcopter.
To understand the basic principles of aerophysics and RC I started to build my own FlightController based on Arduino Mega 2560 r3, Pololu AltIMU v5 and FlySky iA6 Receiver.

Working with RC Receiver was quite a good feeling, it wasn't that hard to understand.

However, working with the gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer is painful.

I surfed the web for about two weeks and didn't found anything to solve the problem that I came across recently.

I started to write an IMU code for AltIMU, it's looking like so: http://pastebin.com/rPEjMM9y

In fact, when I start the Arduino, launch the Serial Mon, angles are OK, but after some period they started to drift dramatically.
For the first time I though that it's connected with the resolution of gyro, but after changing it appropriately, it still exists.  
I also looked on the AHRS from Pololu, but the time consumption for all the calculation is probably too long for the quadcopter to maintain the stable flight. (It's meant for the 50Hz, but after watching whole YMFC series I thought that 250Hz is rather the minimum).

I'm stuck and I really don't know what to do now.

Kind regards.
Evorowy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That is a great report, but it just waves its hand and completely avoids the issue of how to remove motion acceleration from the accel vector to find the gravity vector.
This reply was deleted.

Activity