How do ArduRover code differ from the aerial code?

Hi,

I understand the different implementations of the ArduPilot code share most of the same codebase.

I would like to understand how the ArduRover code differs/is altered from the original aerial autopilot code. Are there any documents/diagrams  explaining this?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well for starters, just think the environment rovers, copters and planes live in. Rovers only operate in 2D they dont really worry about going up and down, but they do have to be aware of whats immediately in front of them. Object avoidance is just become a new safety feature for copters, while its (i believe already present) in the rover code. Planes on the hand dont do any Obj avoid*.

ANother thing is that planes and copters work differently. Planes cant loiter so they have different strategies for staying roughly in the one spot, like circling.

All this is very high level but its hopefully a start.

• Thanks for the reply mP1.

My question was however more aimed at how the already existing ArduRover code is related to the ArduCopter/ArduPlane code. Which parts of the code are common for both project and what is specifically written for the rower, etc.

I hope someone can post a link to a doc/place where the logic behind the rover code is already described. 

• Admin

@brakar,

Jean-Louis Naudin JLN developed the original ArduRover code from the ArduPlane firmware.

He can probably answer your questions about how the ArduRover code was originally constructed.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

This reply was deleted.

Activity