Ok those small UAVs controlled by a phone or watch are all over the place now.
Why there is no straight forward way for someone owning a pixhawk and a phone with droid planner to control it without having a RC connection established?

When I try to arm it from the phone with the RC radio off, it doesn't want to arm (droid planner 3/ tower app)

Even 3drobotics site says for their iris that there should be someone with RC connected ready to take control at any time.
Otherwise their commercials are pretty sweet, they just don't shoot the guy on the back holding the big controller

So, what is the work around?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What exactly in my original question was acting like a child?

I asked like a normal human being and was met with assholiness.

And now you give me lecture? 

I'm going to edit your post to remove the obscenity and consider this your first warning. We don't tolerate foul language around here. 

• But you tolerate assholes?

When someone is being an asshole with me I'll be responding appropriately. Simple as that.

And being asshole for no good reason is the real problem here, not me saying what he deserved.

But I know you will only see the surface of the problem which is my reaction to the provocation.....

well whatever.

• That's how it works here. In other forums, what Ben replied to you would be considered a personal attack. Instead, you got censored for complaining about the way you were treated. After awhile, you will give up and move on. It seems any direct questions are not always met with direct answers. Folks here seem to be very sensitive but only if they perceive anything negging on 3DR or the cult members. Sorry, it is what it is.

• exactly my thoughts  :)

• Its possible. But less safe.
    • Yes I get it it's not safe. I'm asking how to do it anyway.

• When Tower first came out it was easy to disable RC failsafe.

I flew a bunch of missions with just my phone and my DIY 3DR quad.

Now that I am having problems with Pixhawk (on a Tarot 650S) I am glad that it is not as easy as before as I have had to rely on my radio to safely land.

This reply was deleted.

Activity