Replies

• great catch! yes i think it was Van, and wouldnt it be awesome if 3dr put half the effort into helping customers instead of getting customers?

• As part of Mission Planner setup, you could choose what to do when the Iris lost connection with your laptop/tablet. It can either RTL, land, or continue the planned path. The question is more whether the battery can handle the 4 miles round trip with a gimbal and a GoPro.
  • I have yet to see if the Iris+ could get 15min with gopro, gimbal and 3dr osd/fpv. I don't know how that could be possible. I tried the Multistar 3s 5200mah 10c battery (330g vs 3DR 370g 8C) from HK with tha same setup and a lighter set of 3D printed legs and hardly got more than 12 min. The Iris is also very sluggish. If the upgrade kit can give me that flight time and more responsiveness, I'd be very happy.
    • A Challange to 3DR. Take a stock IRIS+ with gimbal, gopro, and stock battery for purchase and set this up in front of a camera with a visible timer. Put it in a hover and display the duration without editing. It will be a boring video but would help us to believe that the flight times are not made up for marketing. Should be pretty easy to do as there are countless videos DJI Phantoms undergoing the same testing. 

Something like this would be great... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkyqPLyR3j0

• 3D Robotics

Hi wbal157,

Challenge accepted!  We will be posting video shortly!

• I look forward to it. 

• werent you an employee at 3dr? if so then your last statement is PROFOUND.

GAMECHANGER

• Your thinking of Van who is the head of customer relations i think that was his position when there was the export ban.

• Still is in a lot of countries

• Haha, what are you talking about? I am not a 3DR employee and have never been. I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I am just another Iris owner. I have experienced some issues with the Iris and hope that Iris+ will get me the flight time and responsiveness I was expecting.
This reply was deleted.

Activity