Is yaw problem while gps on already solved ?

hi there,

Im a new user that using ardu copter board on quadcopter. Before im using kkboard but not satisfied and moved to ardu copter. Last week i did flight test, everything is ok while hovering, but while i moved my qc forward,  suddenly it spin 180 degrees (from tail in go to nose in). I land it, disarm, arm, and took off and the got the spin again. But if i remove the gps cable everything is fine, fast forward, backward without spin.

Please tell me if any solutions with this, i want to test loiter mode for my AP need

Regards

Arifin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer
    OK, I get what's happening. You can't fly a GPS without a compass. What happens is the DCM uses the GPS velocity vector instead of the compass to control Yaw correction. That's only if you have compass disabled and it only works on planes because they always fly forward.

Sorry it's an undocumented hardware config that just doesn't work.
    Jason
  • 3D Robotics

Weird--I've never seen that (I fly with both GPS and mag, as I think most others do, too. But I often fly before I've got GPS lock and have never seen that issue). Can you please post your log? It's really hard to diagnose these things without logs.

Also: what version code were you flying?

• Do you have a magnetometer? The same thing happens to me, I have GPS but no magnetometer so I'm wondering if it happens because the GPS doesn't have the magnetometer to keep it in check.
This reply was deleted.

Activity