JDrones RF900 radio and Pixhawk setup

First, I apologize if this is the wrong group. I am new to this AWESOME site and searched through the categories before posting.

I'm working on my first Pixhawk build and decided to purchase JDrones RF900 radios. I've plugged in GS radio to USB and air radio to Telemetry 1 port. They aren't connecting "out of the box" and have just started the process.

I have Googled and looked through YouTube but couldn't find any assistance. I've emailed JDrones and waiting on a response. If anyone has gone through the setup and has guidance it would be greatly appreciated. 

What I've done:

1) Selected "auto" and "com7" (no description) in drop down but won't connect on either

2) Went in setup to 3DR modem and clicked "Load" got message about invalid com port

3) Downloaded modem utility from JDrones site to check settings. Shows COM7 and settings. Not sure if there is anything I should do (no instructions). 

Next:

1) Make sure COM 7 baud is 56K

2) Do I need to update firmware?

Thanks in advance!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Updated progress - The RFD900 radios work!!!

Seppo from RFDesigns rocks! He responded quickly to my email and explained how to reboot the radio (showing solid green) and update firmware. It took me rebooting system and unplugging/plugging in the radios a couple times before they found each other and let me connect in MP. 

Regards,

Jon

• Hi Jon,

I'm in the same situation you were last year - Pixhawk and RFD900 and having a few dramas getting them to work. 

where was the LED showing green after a reboot? My set up doesnt have any lights on either part.

Cheers,

Mike

• Updated progress..I got MP to recognize the local modem and load settings, however, no remote settings loaded and still doesn't connect. I made sure the baud rate matched and it was on COM7 which is what modem utility showed. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Jon

• Updated progress. Found that there was an extra cable in the box for

This reply was deleted.

Activity