Kraken130 + Pixhawk?

Hi

Have you guys seen the new Kraken 130 from Foxtech.

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-kraken130-octocopter-arf-combopreorder-p-1335.html

What do you guys think?

Im impressed with the build and strength and flight time. The airframe and electronics are $2000

However the FC itself they suggest is also $1200 (DJI A2M - $1800 ZeroUAV)

Im wondering if the pixhawk would be enough to conrol it?

What do people think?  (Besides it not really being DIY)

Cheers

-P

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Bill

I am starting the tuning phase of our build this week sometime.  the kraken is all put together, and pixhawk installed..  based on the date of your post i am guessing that you havent gotten that far yet.. but would love to keep in touch as you work through your build

Are you putting a brushless gimbal on your Kraken?  

• Bill

yes we are going to be putting a Arris ZY gimble on this machine.  I have been messing with the pixhawk stuff for a bit.. we bought an iris and an X8 to get an idea of what we were in for.. also i have a few Pixhawks here that i am putting on a FW450 and FW550 I have a DJI A2 that i have on a Tarot 810 with some custom cut frame pieces.   id like to keep the conversation going here so others can learn from our mistakes.. but also if your interested id like to send you my skype information.. id like to discuss esc syncing and all those other little tidbits that i have been reading about. 

Yes, let's continue our conversation here so that other people can benefit from our build experiences.  

If  you want to contact me directly my twitter is @billrockus - you can tweet me your email / skype information there.  

The gimbal we're planning to use is an iFlight Betview.  Here's a link: 

http://www.iflight-rc.com/product/Multi-Rotors&Parts-Brushless-...

I'd definitely like to hear about esc syncing - I've heard some scary things, especially with low KV motors.  I'm also very interested in hearing how you configure your gimbal.

Absolutely, let's keep in touch.  Maybe I can borrow your config file.  My Kraken is in Transit right now.  Should be here Thursday.  I already have the Pixhawk, and am very familiar as this will be the 3rd Pixhawk drone I'm building.  

I'm actually doing this with a business partner.  Here's the application for it:

Sailboat Racing from a Drone

This reply was deleted.

Activity