Large Hexa w/3.2 Crash Log

Hi,

Did a maiden flight with 3.2 today with my rather large Hexacopter (I had resisted with 3.1.5 until now). A few feet off the ground, in loiter mode, it started spinning relatively fast (on the yaw axis only, it looked pretty well controlled on the other axes).

I managed to bring it down and only break 1 prop, I'm trying to figure out what happened.

Attached is the log. This is an original 3DR pixhawk with ublox GPS+Compass. 

Anybody wants to take a crack at it?

--Alex

8.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That could happen when a couple of motors are at a slight angle and not directly pointing up. Even if offset by one degree, they produce thrust in one direction that is difficult to counter by the motors rotating in the other direction. The result could be that yaw into one direction is a lot easier than another.

• Good thought, but if this was the case, it wouldn't start spinning all of a sudden while hovering, it would do it from the get go, correct? I guess my description wasn't that specific, but it didn't spin right away, it started doing it after 10-15 seconds of hover.

• I've not looked at your log yet, but spinning suggests a motor / ESC failure or poor connection.

• Wouldn't that cause the respective RCOU value in the log to shoot up in an effort to compensate? 

What you said is conceivable but it didn't really look like a motor malfunction to me (I didn't hear any of the noises associated with one motor stopping and then starting up again).

I'm trying to figure out why ATT.DesYaw changes at arount time 7000 and again 33000 in the log.

The two compass input seem to agree with each other so I don't think they're faulty either.

This reply was deleted.

Activity