Replies

• in my new fpv frame ,the compassmot was 160%  , I add an external compass placing it on 30mm stand off  and did nothing less .Re-tested and got 28% . And that's with the 5.8 200ma video tx and board camera along with all the others bits and pieces , esc,motors, APM 2.5 RC rx and miminosd  etc.

for 5minutes work and £6 for the compass and cable this is an easy fix (touch wood)

• Foil works very well it made my interference go down %30

• I know, Copper berilum sheets shield efectively against electromagnetic radiations, downside is, berillium is toxic, but i dont think its hard to get, and if handled with thin gloves should be ok

• uhmmm....   You can't shield magnetism...!!

it will go through any material like its not there....

• I have my esc aprox 3 " out on each arm and the apm mounted on an aluminum plate and am having no problems

• Could I suggest a Length of Low Loss Coaxial Cable like RG214.

The shielding should reduce the problem.

RG214
    RG214
    RG214
  • Developer

I'm with Euan, best material you can use is an 'air gap'. 5cm (2.5' in old money) away and you will have perfect performance.

• Skip the materials and go straight to the compass elevation; it's the only guaranteed way to improve compassmot.

Take it from a man with 2 sheets of mostly unused and mainly unpredictable mumetal in his drawer...:-)
  • T3
    I've used aluminum foil folded in half, just under my stack just above my PDB.
This reply was deleted.

Activity