MAVLINK not connecting in windows8 (Xbee)

Hi,

I´ve recently updated my laptop to windows8 and dowloaded the APM planner 1.2.17 (ZIP versión since the .msi will not install) and it runs but when I try to connect the telemetry (Xbee) the process starts and then stops at the following screen:3690971145?profile=originalAfter this I get "connection failed" and pressing "Exception details" this is what I got:

3690971062?profile=original

Did someone got Win8 and Xbee telemetry working together? Same setup on my Win 7 works seamless.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, I have no time last week to try but today I've upgraded to 1.2.20 on startup and the problem has gone, no need to install aditional software.

Thanks.

• I'm using 1.2.19 and I'm getting the same problem. I'm using windows 7. Im getting about a 5% success rate getting a solid lock on telemetry. I think there's a bug with the updated mission planner.

• You can try downloading 1.2.18.msi as it supports windows 8. I was having the same issues as you with .17 although I was able to make it work and posted how here. Its a short thread, solution is a couple of comments down. 

It would be interesting to know if you install 1.2.18 before trying anything else if that solves all problems at once, or if you still have to install the arduino files and enable .net 3.5 manually to get it all working.

Let me know how you make out

• No one getting same error?

This reply was deleted.

Activity