minimOSD freezes after arming

Hello,

I'm having a weird issue, hopefully someone can help! I am running MinimOSD 2.2 extra copter.

before arming, all OSD values are updated properly. However, as soon as ARM, 2 seconds later everything freezes (values do not change). This only happens when I have the  "warnings" OSD item enabled.

has anyone experienced this, or know how to get around it? I guess I could fly without the warnings.. but it's a really nice feature i'd like to use.

Thanks!

Raph

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great will flash in the next hour... Will be great I have a

• try Minim OSD Extra firmware it work fine

• Actually its happening with the EXTRA firmware here :(

• Same issue with pixhwak i return on minimosd plane firmware and no freeze when i arm the copter but i don't have flight mod on screen .....

• Did you ever figure out 100% what the issue was...I am having the same problem!

• did anyone figure this out? im having the same problem.

• I didn't get it to work properly unfortunately.
        Will try with a new MinimOSD when I get the time.

• Hi,

I have the same issue, or at least similar.

The OSD freezes after arming it, I made a video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-K5MxstTo

(filming the screen with my phone since I don't have a recorder)

I'm also using MinimOSD Extra Copter 2.2, it's connected to an APM 2.5 running ArduCopter v3.0.1.

Noticed that it only happens when I'm outside, tried arming it several times indoors but then it works fine. So I suspect the GPS-data has something to do with it.

Saw this at RC-groups:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2023020

Might be related.

I tried to remove a bunch of fields and disabled the second panel however, and the problem still remains. And like you, it only occurs after arming it, not after it find satellites (I had 6 before arming in the video).

Did you find out anything more? I will try to remove the "warnings" field tomorrow and see if that helps for me as well.

Kind regards,

Daniel

• I had this issue too, and 'solved' it by loading the latest development firmware. That would be one of the 2.4 releases.

This reply was deleted.

Activity